Third DWI Offense in Austin
Nervous About Your Third DWI Charge?
A third DWI offense can be very serious for any offender and should be handled very responsibly and promptly.
A third DWI conviction could result in:
- A felony conviction and permanent damage to your records.
- Your educational and/or occupational opportunities may be severely limited
- Rights to vote and to possess or own a firearm may also be limited
All of these possible punishments are reasons as to why getting a trusted and experienced law firm like Carroll Troberman, PLLC to represent you when awaiting trial.
Many people who are facing charges of their third DWI offense are usually nervous and worried about the outcome. This fear is rightfully appropriate because of its implications that a defendant has faced similar offenses not once but twice before and seemingly still disregards the law. However, it is important to remember that each and every DWI case is different and should be examined fairly and challenged thoroughly to assure an honest and just trial.
Here at Carroll Troberman, PLLC we fight to keep our clients from being made an example of regarding their DWI offenses.
What Happens After My Third DWI Offense?
Taking the right steps immediately following the third offense of driving while intoxicated can be the deciding factor between a justified punishment and hostile and severe punishment. This is largely because of the increased intensity of the charge, considering it now becomes a felony offense. Immediately following the incident, Texas law requires an immediate detainment in jail. It is important to contact our legal defense team as soon as possible following this incarceration so the plan can begin to look for the correct representation for you.
Your previous convictions are going to be examined by the court so it is important that our legal team has access to them as well to help build your case.
We must begin by carefully examining all the parameters surrounding your current charges and build a plea based on many of the factors surrounding the incident.
- BAC at the time of incident: Depending on exactly how high you rank with your BAC in correlation to how close it was taken to the time of the stop or accident can help build your case. There is a large difference between blowing just at or above the legal limit and being far beyond the comprehension of the limit. While there is no excuse for driving while intoxicated, sometimes it is an honest misunderstanding as to what level you perceived you were at.
- Speed and location of incident: Law enforcement officials also look at how far above the speed limit you were traveling and the contexts surrounding the scene of the incident.
Get Legal Representation Immediately
If you have been charged with a third offense DWI and need legal representation, contact Carroll Troberman Law in Austin at (512) 772-2442 to speak with one of our experienced DWI attorneys.
What Makes Carroll Troberman the Right Choice?
Over 30 Years of Combined Experience
We Have Countless Accolades & Are Respected in the Legal Community
Providing High-Quality Legal Advice & Representation
We Give Each Client Personalized Attention
We've Successfully Handled Thousands of Cases
What Our Clients SayOur Level of Service Speaks for Itself
You won’t find a better person or attorney in the state of Texas.- Danielle K.
All of us have been fortunate that she was on our side and I highly recommend her for any legal services.- Jason W.
A true asset to any law firm.- Vickilynn P.
I trust him with my life and can definitely attest to him being an exemplary example of what a Lawyer should be!- Amy N.
Couldn’t have made it through this without her. 10/10 would recommend.- Dustin S.