Same-Sex Divorce Lawyers in Austin
Dedicated to Your Future & Goals
In all 50 states of the United States of America, couples of the same sex are legally allowed to get married. This means that with the right to get married, they also possess the same rights as straight couples to divorce and dissolve the union. Same-sex couples also now possess the exact same duties and privileges in regard to obtaining custody for their children, support, and visitation. These couples are also entitled to have fair spousal support and alimony rights, as well as a just division between their items of property.
If you are currently in the process of ending your marriage, or your marriage has just been legally dissolved, you will need a dedicated, knowledgeable same-sex divorce attorney in Austin. Allow our dependable team at Carroll Troberman, PLLC to ensure that your rights are protected no matter what.
Grounds for Divorce in Texas
When it comes to the grounds of divorce in the state of Texas, the law is exactly the same for both straight and same-sex couples. In order to get a divorce, you do not have to prove that any specific situation has occurred. So long as one partner truly believes that the relationship is unsalvageable, then the court agrees that this divorce can legally take place.
In certain situations, there are other “grounds” for divorce which count as being the fault of the other spouse. These grounds include:
- Cases of adultery
- Utter abandonment for at least a full year
- Cruelty and abuse
- Being convicted of a felony
- Being committed to a mental hospital or institute
How Our Same-Sex Divorce Attorneys Can Help You
We know that divorce is a complicated and often frustrating process. Especially when complexities arise, whether because the divorcing couple shares a child or one former spouse needs alimony, the dispute can become extremely contentious. Fortunately, our attorneys know how to deal carefully even with the tensest of situations.
Some of the services we offer to couples of the same sex include:
- Determining visitation and child custody rights – You can rely on us to help fill out the appropriate forms before discussing the arrangements which would be in the best interest of your children. Simultaneously, however, we are ready to defend your own parental rights as well.
- Gaining child support and alimony support – In many cases, one parent or spouse may not be able to support themselves and their family. We can help you figure out whether these support cases are appropriate for you to pursue, as well as how much and how often the payment for support will be supplied.
- Property division – When it comes to property division, you can count on us to help you accurately divide the assets and debts from your marriage.
Contact an Austin Same-Sex Divorce Lawyer Today
No matter who you are, divorce can be a painful and difficult process. Our dedicated, knowledgeable same-sex divorce lawyers in Austin are ready to help you navigate through this complex time in your life with sensitivity for your situation.
Over 30 Years of Combined Experience
We Have Countless Accolades & Are Respected in the Legal Community
Providing High-Quality Legal Advice & Representation
We Give Each Client Personalized Attention
We've Successfully Handled Thousands of Cases
You won’t find a better person or attorney in the state of Texas.- Danielle K.
All of us have been fortunate that she was on our side and I highly recommend her for any legal services.- Jason W.
A true asset to any law firm.- Vickilynn P.
I trust him with my life and can definitely attest to him being an exemplary example of what a Lawyer should be!- Amy N.
Couldn’t have made it through this without her. 10/10 would recommend.- Dustin S.